Followers

Monday, November 11, 2019

"I Love A Miliitary Man!" Happy Veterans Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   It is also Stanley Tucci's birthday.  He is 59 today, and still looks great, so happy birthday, Stanley.

                                   I know Veterans Day is to honor our veterans, past and present, and I do, but it has an additional meaning for me personally, related to marriage, not war.  And it set in step the path for my existence.

                                    On this date, in 1911---that's right, 11/11/11--my paternal grandparents got married. If not for that, I wouldn't be here, because then my parents would not have been my parents.

                                      So, while I applaud all the parading and honors, I stop to remember that this day marked the creation of a family dynasty.  So romantic, isn't it darlings?

                                       And speaking of Veterans Day, darlings, let's really honor it, with a pre-'Oz' Jack Haley, Alice Faye, and, of course, Shirley Temple, in her prime, performing "I Love A Military Man!"  You better believe it, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is from "Poor Little Rich Girl," in 1936.

                                         Happy Veterans Day to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That’s the coolest anniversary!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Thank you so much! It is hard
to forget!