Followers

Friday, November 29, 2019

The Holiday Madness Begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                First things first, dolls.  That red haired woman in the center--her hair is NOT natural.  That's right, it came out of a cheap, dime store bottle.

                                During my childhood, the Holiday Season never began before December 1.  You know, Advent, the 24 Days Before Christmas?  Now, things kick off with the Thanksgiving Parade--and forget the guaranteed showings of "March Of The Wooden Soldiers," or "Miracle On 34 Street" (the black and white version).

                                  But the real madness begins on Black Friday.  The trash of society lining up in stores and strip malls all over America, just so they can storm through those doors.  And just what do they think they are getting for a bargain?  And whom are they beating out?

                                  I wouldn't go near such a place on this day.  It's worse than the subway or train during a commuter delay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Black Friday is one tradition I could do without.

                                  But here is something to look forward to--I have found my Christmas theme for this year's blog Advent Calendar.  And I will reveal that on December 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Of these I have only read The Institute so far.
The ending gives you something to think about.
Next will be Women Talking.
Only because my ancestors were Mennonite.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

If you read "The Insitute," then I will
consider it. "Women Talking" sounds interesting,
but, like I said, it will take me awhile to get
there.