Followers

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Musical Theater Week Continues--Happy Birthday, Neva Small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 What Theater Queen could forget the throbbing adolescent urgency of Neva's voice in "I Wonder How It Is," from "Henry, Sweet Henry."  At 67, which she turns today, I am certain she could go on, and do it.  And wouldn't it be great to see Neva in a production of "RAGS?"

                                    I am telling you, the woman has been a Musical Theater Legend while still a child.  And her legacy continues.

                                     David and I had such pleasure meeting Neva at the Actors' Temple, several years back, and then again at 54 Below, during a evening concertizing "Henry, Sweet Henry."  Neva served as narrator; if only she had sung her part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Seniority does not mean one is through, as Neva proves!  I cannot wait to see her in her next endeavor!  Her voice is glorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Happy Birthday, Neva, and it is an honor, for me, to follow you next, with my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Many Happy Returns!
Here are Neva, and Robin Wilson, in "Henry, Sweet Henry!"  Oh, those were the days of musical theater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

YOU should have played Val😉

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I would have LOVED to have played Val.
I often sing the "Henry, Sweet Henry" score.
One of the most underrated scores in musical
theater!