Followers

Friday, April 14, 2023

Darlings, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As "Svengoolie" Presents The Seldom Seen Sci-Fi Classic--1955's "This Island Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                  I must confess this poster was all I knew about the film.  I feared it may still be one of those films, where the poster is better than the movie.  The brain headed mutants look interesting, and I do hope they get plenty of screen time.



                                    But I have a surprise.  This cast consists of a number of B horror veterans--Jeff Morrow, Rex Reason, Russell Johnson (before being the Professor on "Gilligan's Island") which is pretty much an all-star cast for this type of movie.



                                     The biggest surprise I saved for last.  I should have figured out from the picture of the woman in the lower right-hand corner.  You know who that is?  You know who is in this film?



                                       FAITH DOMERGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                                       Just her presence alone will be enough to liven things up.  And as Baby Gojira is always looking for bosoms in 1950's movies, well.....Faith will offer plenty.



                                       So, it just might not be as dull an evening as first thought.



                                        Join David and I, Baby Gojira, Kerwyn, Pippin and Cucumbo and his friends for this surprise adventure!    See you tomorrow at eight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 



                                         ADDENDUM:  I have not gotten to "The Old Dark House" yet, but I promise I will, and post, once I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Now that is one classic sci-fi movie I've never seen. If I'm home I'll have to see if I can catch that. Thanks for featuring that darling.

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,
You are welcome. I am curious about it too.
Have a pleasant, tea laden weekend.

Victoria said...

BG on the lookout for those Heaving Bosoms!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
And Faith gave BG plenty in this film!