Followers

Friday, April 21, 2023

Happy Birthday, Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Theater Queens know exactly whom I am talking about--Patti Lu Pone.  Patti turns 74 today--can you believe it? --and let us all hope we look as good and that our voices hold out as well as Patti.



                               It seems like yesterday she became the toast of the town for "Evita."  That was the first Broadway show I went to in the evening, because, to see Patti, one had to go then, as she did not do the matinees.  And she never stopped after that.  To me, she is second only to Ethel Merman in portraying Mama Rose in "Gypsy."



                                So, a happy birthday to Patti Lu Pone.  Celebrate the day in style, darling. and do whatever it is you want.



                                 And don't stop singing.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Funny how that doesn’t seem so old now that I’m in my sixties

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I know; isn't that scary. 70 is looming for me,
and that is scary to contemplate.