Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"You're Always Window Shopping, But Never Stopping To Buy!"



Girls, ain't it the truth? Sometimes, I actually DO feel like Lynn Redgrave, in "Georgy Girl." Well, I am here to tell you, right now, that truth is going to be violated tonight, because this eve, Monsieur and I are converging upon MACY's--hopefully it will not be the insanity it is during Holiday time--to select an ensemble for me for the upcoming New Orleans trip. Now, what I am shooting for is an imitation Elsa Schiaparelli knockoff, perfect for the Southern sultriness, that will allow me to burst forth from the smoke off the plane, just like Vivien Leigh, as Blanche, emerging out from the train smoke at the start of "A Streetcar Named Desire."

I am sure this is the dream of every Theater Queen who embarks on a journey to the Big Easy. I do have my obligations to make Tennessee Williams AND Truman Capote (who both hung out here) proud!!!!

Darlings, you know I will damn well do my best! But the reality of this evening is I have to hunt for a dress jacket/blazer/call it what you will, and dress pants to go with it. I have to have some outfits on hand, for when we go to such places as Antoine's and Commander's Palace. The only aspect of the trip I don't look forward to is having to dress up for these places. I mean, how is Mammy suppose to lace me into my corset. And after I get back from this excursion, you know I am never gonna be no eighteen and a half inches again. And ain't nothin' I can do about it! Hell, there's nothing I can do NOW!!!!!!!!!

Shopping is supposed to be FUN--books, wine, gifts for others. Shopping for myself--clothes and such--becomes a MISSION. Now, you would think, being the Raving Queen, I would go for it. Hell, I would much rather pick out clothes for Monsieur or my friends, matching them up with the right designers, colors, and fabrics.

But the spotlight shines on me tonight, so step forward I must. Wish me luck on my excursion, loves, and I will be sure to report on the results of my findings!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, like Blanche, I will wear Delia Robbia blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: