Followers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Greetings From The Big Easy!!!!!!







Girls,in just a 48 hour span, I have gone from the Big Apple,to the Big Easy, where I feel like a true daughter of the South. Just like Elizabeth Taylor in "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof."

Would you believe my first morning in the world famous, though haunted Monteleone Hotel, I saw a ghost???? I peered down a stairwell to the hallway far ahead, and there was a mysterious black, female shape, whom I am convinced was Mary Beth Mayfair. Having been marked by them,since my initial encounter with Lasher,fifteen years before, at the First Street House, I know I have to be on my best behavior when I come to this town.

And what a time we had last night. The Book Awards banquet was fabulous, from Miss Debutante in her overflowing and ample green gown, to my niece getting her Newberry Honor Award, for "Turtle In Paradise" (the literary event of the Newberry Season) to chicory coffee and muffletas, to Little Darlings on Bourbon Street ("Hey,there, baby,come on in; no cover!") where I intend to pose for pics!!!!!

The hotel is sumptuous,and we have got to get a gander at Room 1462, which is the haunted room. We also have got to meet my niece Jennifer today, my coworker Tanisha, then get over to the Garden District for the Ghost Tour and Book Shop visit!!!!!

All this capped off by Dinner at Antoine's this eve, where we will have the Baked Alaska and Cafe Diable!!!! Girls, it may be sultry down her, the livin' may be easy, but the Raving Queen shows no sign of letting up for a second!!!!!!

Don't I take care of all my girls??????

No comments: