Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Special Message To My Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Do you recall that Western (or is it country-Western?)song, "Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darlin'?" Well, I just want to let you all know that, while I may vanish for a time from this spot, the Raving Queen is not about to forsake anyone. In fact, I will do my best to give some on location reports.

The Raving Queen, with Monsieur, is headed for the Deep South. Specifically, New Orleans, which I had visited back in 1996. The impetus for this is my niece, an internationally respected author, receiving her third Newberry Honor Award, at a dinner to be held there on Sunday. She, her husband and kids, and my sister, are all flying in, too, but are returning to their respective homes sometime Monday. Monsieur has never been to NOLA, and was curious, so he and I are going to stay on a week and do the town!!!!!!!!!

Having been marked by the Mayfairs on my last visit, I have got to be careful. Though I think Lasher will keep watch. And we also plan to go outside the city one day to Hummus House, where the classic "Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte" was filmed. I cannot WAIT to reenact Agnes Moorhead on the stairs!!!!!!!!

Just think, darlings--me amidst antebellum mansions, trees dripping with moss, coffee and beignets at the Cafe Du Monde, amidst the sultry heat. Honey, I will feel just like Elizabeth Taylor in "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof!" If only I looked that good!!!!!!!!

So I want all my girls to stay tuned. Just because I may not be on here every day does not mean I have vanished. And there will full accountings thereof, when I am on. In the meantime, keep those hair clippers fastened, and remember to walk down the street every day, like Lana Turner in "They Won't Forget!"

And I will not forget you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: