Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Darligns, This Is The Place To Be Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Girls, along with the annual Coney Island Mermaid Parade, which is coming up this Saturday, and which you know I will provide a full report on (especially if the Naked Devil makes an appearance!!!!!!!) one of the other more regular events is the Chelsea Classics's yearly, or is it bi-yearly, showing of the screen classic "Valley Of The Dolls!"

Yes, darlings, Hedda Lettuce is hosting a screening this very evening, starting at 7PM, and I expect to see all my girls there!!!!!! I mean, where would we be, if not for Jacqueline Susann and this story????

And hosted by Hedda Lettuce, who comes from Royalty herself, being the granddaughter of Bedda Lettuce, and the great niece of Nedda Iceberg!!!!! Wonder if Nedda arrived by way of Harrison Avenue, in Highland Park, New Jersey???? With a name like that, it would certainly sound like it!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who may be curious about what it is like to be in a theater full of screaming queens, but you don't want to pay the high ticket prices, for, say, 'Priscilla,' this will provide that chance. Why don't the Tour Buses just drop off passengers at the Clearview Chelsea on 23rd Street tonight, and give them a glimpse of New York City they won't get anywhere else.

To hear an audience gasp with tears, when Barbara Parkins, as Anne, presses her face to the train window at the start, while Dionne Warwicke, at that precise moment, screams "Yeeeeeeeeeearn for a dreaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm!" while the audience goes wild with instant identification, recalling how we all came to the city that same way, yearning ourselves!!!!!!! My girls know, of course, that I always related best to Neely, and when Patty Duke finally winds up in the backstage gutter, with the entire theater screaming, "NNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELY O'HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARA!" there just isn't anything like it. Forget about those Vicious Queens at the Metropolitan Opera, this is the real thing, right here!!!!!!!!!!

I would not dream of missing it, and don't you. Come dressed as your favorite character, or yourself. Wear a Helen Lawson wig, or not, who cares? But for a laugh filled evening, it just can't be beat.

So come celebrate "Valley Of The Dolls" tonight, loves!!!!! It made me what I am today, and I am sure I am not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I know it's a rotten business........but I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: