Followers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Girls, It Was Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I am telling you, you just cannot say enough about "Valley Of The Dolls." My one regret about the evening, being I had an aisle seat, was I did not stand up and act out Neely's scene in the gutter. Which my girls know I can do. Believe me, no one would have stopped me, because when it got to where Patty Duke says "the whole world loves ME!" the entire theater was reciting the lines. So one more nut in the crowd wouldn't have made a difference here.

Just love how those beads for one moment outline Patty Duke's breasts in the film. As they say, you could not make this stuff up.

And my favorite Sharon Tate line, when she consoles Neely after being fired--
"Gee, honey, I'm sorry! That old witch oughta be boiled in oil!" Wonder how Meryl Streep would have read that line?

As Hedda said last night, times change, but not Hollywood. Look at Lindsay Lohan. When Helen Lawson says of Neely, "Nothing can destroy her talent. But she will destroy herself," Lindsay's image flashed before my eyes.

You can bet I took a doll when I got home. Or at least my klonopin, which relaxes me enough to help me to go to sleep. But a good time was had by all, with a film that offers the best time in town anywhere!!!!!!!!!

The moral to the story is you have to have a backup plan--like a gorgeous house in Lawrenceville. Otherwise you are doomed.

"Lawrenceville would be there forever!"

No comments: