Followers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Girls,I Am Telling You,Galatoire's Is The Best!!!!!!



Darlings, it has been days since I have talked to my girls, because things have just been so busy!!!!! Tuesday we dined at Galatoire's, which is famous, as it was where Stella took her sister Blanche (Du Bois) her first night in town in "A Streetcar Named Desire," and it is continuously mentioned in "The Witching Hour", which means it is frequented often by the Mayfairs, and that is good enough for me!!!!!

As this was my second visit, I have to say it is my favorite dining spot in New Orleans. The simple unpretentious decor of white linen tablecloths, black and white checkered floors, and lace curtains is charmingly understated, and allows for an exquisite dining experience.

So, what did we have??? I am happy to report, girls, that after 15 years the Shrimp Remoulade here is still the best in town!!!!!! And then I had a Crabmeat Ravigotte, rich and creamy in a buttery and garlic Hollandaise sauce, which was just out of this world!!!!! Monsieur opted for a traditional gumbo, and another classic dish, the Crawfish Etouffe. We drank the House Wine of the South, Iced Tea, and capped it off with coffee and a bread pudding with a whiskey toffee sauce, and coffee ice cream and cream, which we shared. Let me give you a tip, loves--the food is so plentiful here, that even if you half everything by sharing you still get a full meal. The truly full meal one could not even finish!!!!!!!!!!

Galatoire's was the highlight of the afternoon. The evening's highlight was our French Quarter Ghost Tour, guided by our charminng and ebullient guide, Emily. She showed us LaLaurie Mansion, where things went on from slave beatings to mutilated bodily experimentation, with things hidden all over the house. They say you can sometimes see the ghost of Delphine LaLaurie in the window, and, honey, I believe it. We saw sightings of murder, mutilation, hotels where ghost children plague patrons by running down the hall, and other things too numerous to mention.

Did we dine that night? Not really, because after a meal at Galatoire's, I guarantee you that is it for the day!!!!!!!!!!

If there is time I would like to go back there a third time. But for those of you who have not been down, or been down but not to it, you simply HAVE to visit Galatoire's!!!!!

I bet some of the Little Darlings dine there with their more wealthy clients!!!!!

Remember, you are all MY Little Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: