Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No, darlings, NOT Julie Taymor; she is yesterday's leftover Broadcast Corned Beef Hash!!!!!! I am talking about the JULIE of Julies, none other than Miss Andrews. An icon to my generation, who first discovered her as children in "Mary Poppins", and then with her legendary twirl in that classic opening to that equally classic film, "The Sound Of Music!!!!" Climb Ev'ry Mountain, darlings!!!!!!!! You better believe it!!!!!!

Hard to believe Julie is now 76!!!!!!!! Honey, she looks better than Miss Taynor, who is twenty years younger!!!!!!!! The options one has on this day. Listening to the Original Cast Album of "My Fair Lady?" Or "Camelot?" Or the soundtracks to "Mary Poppins" and "The Sound Of Music"? How about watching same on DVD????? And don't forget Julie in the lovely Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella!" I know Theater Queens of all ages, all across the country are going to be doing that legendary twirl from "The Sound Of Music!" I know you all want to, loves, but I have to tell some of you--be careful you do not fall! I don't want you undergoing hip replacements!!!!!!!!!!

But no one can replace Julie Andrews, so a Happy Birthday to the Still Reigning Ideal Nanny/Governess of Our Childhoods!!!!!!!!!!!

Go, Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: