Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Darlings, There Is No Escaping The Passage Of Time!!!!



As if being already into October isn't enough girls, the other day, on the way home, I got a sign that was inescapable!!! I was walking to the subway, when I saw, on the wall, the first seasonal poster for Lincoln Center and New York City Ballet's annual production of "The Nutcracker."

Sweeties, when "The Nutcracker" appears, you know another year has passed. Time once again for Mother Ginger and her Ponshinelles!!!! Better tell my coworker Philip, because he is my Head Ponshinelle!!!!!

Since 1954 (the year I was born, darlings; isn't that just perfect???) this has symbolized Christmas in New York!!! It just wouldn't be the Holidays without "The Nutcracker." Which this year runs from November 25 to December 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They must have some marketing campaign up at NYCB, because the poster for this beat the one for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, the ads for which I have not yet seen!!! And it is hard to beat those Rockettes!!!!!!!

But no one can top Mother Ginger and her Ponshinelles!!!! So, this big Sugar Plum Fairy urges you all to get those tkts ASAP!!! Don't miss that giant Christmas Tree growing onstage. And the Land Of Candy!!!! I am telling you, it influenced K. Gordon Murray's "Santa Claus!!!!"

Once this poster appears, you know Santa is due, and the year is swiftly coming to a close!!!! Don't miss this annual delight, dolls!!!!!!

Because you are all MY annual delights, and Ponshinelles!!!!!

No comments: