Followers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Darlings, All You Need Is Love!!!!!!!!



This painting, girls, which I would just LOVE to have on one of the walls in my apartment, is of that famous, apocryphal moment, when Gojira (aka Godzilla) makes his initial appearance onscreen, in the original, Japanese film. Which, once seen, will never have anyone looking at that ersatz Raymond Burr version again!!!!

Poor Gojira!!! He is so cute, and yet so unloved!!!! The sacrificial pool of Odo Island has dried up, and what is left is just too darn ugly for him, so, of course, he HAS to go to Tokyo!!!!!! But everyone just screams,and runs away from him!!!! All he wants is a hug!!!! Or, at least, to be thrown some kisses!!!!! As Cass Elliot told Michelle Phillips during their "Mamas and Papas" days, "Fat girls need love, too, Michelle!!!!" So does a big monster, like Gojira!!!!!!!

Which is why I just adore him, and why I love the later film (is it "Godzilla vs. The Thing???"), where the little boy is friends with Gojira!!!! And he is so happy!!!!

Poor Gojira gets a bum rap!!!! Each night before I go to bed, he appears at my window, and I throw him a kiss!!!! It makes him feel so much better, and me, too! So, IF he should appear outside yours, make sure you do, too, darlings!!!!!!

Because, girls, those who don't throw kisses do not get kisses thrown at them!!!!!

Kiss kiss, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: