Followers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Darlings, Another Diss??????? What Is Cuisine Coming To????????



Let me start off, girls, by saying that, first of all, I should not have gone. When Monsieur called me at work on Saturday, with a full group outing that included the legendary Bruce, the honorable Herb, and those two Wild Things, Don and Dante, I said to myself, "Am I up for this?" But I love Monsieur, so of course I will do almost anything. I should have let this be my limit.

It wasn't anything, but me. Engeline's, which has been in my nabe for almost two years, is a friendly, coffee shop type atmosphere place, that serves Filipino food. Not my favorite, but in a blue moon, Monsieur and I have enjoyed several meals there. And, lambs, their flan in a caramelized syrup sauce, is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

The service at this place has always been what I call leisurely. And you know, darlings, I am used to the fast paced cosmopolitan world of Manhattan, where you say what you want, and as soon as the words are out, it is there!!!!!!!! Princesses rule, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this Princess was dissatisfied by the service Saturday night. Our waiter was cute, and, as one who has been around, he looked familiar to me; I think I have seen him across the borough in some rather disreputable places--but I cannot be sure!
Because we were a large group-six--I think they were caught short. Not only did our orders--even coke and water--take forever, the waiter did not serve the soup when we demanded, so we had to eat it along with our meal, which is SO de trop, darlings!!!!!!!!!

I am telling you right now, if Engeline's does not improve their service, they will not be providing any!!!!!!!!!! And, as far as I am concerned, it was not like the food was so spectacular it was well worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!

So, I just want to give this place a friendly warning. Once burned, patrons look the other way. A second time, and they show a response, by never coming back!!!!!!!!

What is it with the food industry these days? Two disses in a row, which is unheard of!!!!!!! And I am not out to destroy the restaurant scene, loves. But I have to insist on standards, and if standards are not met, I will report it!!!!!!!!!

So, get your act together, Engeline's!!!!!!!!!!! Or it is back to the Philippines for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: