Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A First Look, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    As you know, darlings, Roundabout is previewing their revival of "The Mystery Of Edwin Drood."  I have tickets to see it this Sunday, and, baring another catastrophe like Sandy, I damn well plan to.  My raison d'etre for seeing this is none other than the fabulous Jessie Mueller, cast in the role of Helena Landless.

                                     Well, dolls, here is the first look at Jessie as Helena, and doesn't she look glamorous?????   Of course, glam is nothing new for Jessie, who pulled it off so superbly in 'On A Clear Day'. But not quite the costume I had envisioned, which was something a  little more ethnic. Helena is of Eurasian descent, after all.  Think Jean Simmons in "Black Narcissus."

                                        Having seen this show before, I know it will not be as fun as that aforementioned film, but this time I will see it with a clearer eye, having read the actual Dickens novel a few months before. And let me tell you, I am quite clear about who I think the murderer is/was.

                                          Maybe this will be a big hit with the "Investigation Discovery" crowd. Maybe this is the market this production is trying to cultivate. But with a cast headed by Jessie, Will Chase, Chita Rivera, and Greg Edelman, there is plenty here for theater queens of all shapes and sizes!!!!!!!!  And designer fashions, as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            But Miss Mueller is my reason for going. So, here is a first look--would I deny my girls such a thing--and we can only anticipate her brilliance in this, and in more lucrative opportunities for her to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Get your act together, Jessie, and do it!!!!!!  Maybe at Joe's Pub!!!!!!!!!!

                                                And Candice De Long could take some fashion cues from here!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: