Followers

Monday, November 26, 2012

Darlings, The Word Is Audiences Are Being Brought To Their Feet, With Tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  Now, I was not there, girls--if only I had been!  But on November 23, which was last Friday, in one of those special screening rooms they have in this city, the first New York audience sat through a screening of the forthcoming film version of the musical "Les Miserables!"  And the reception was tremendous, with tear stained faces arising to give the film, and its cast, a tremendous ovation!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Which, of course, includes Anne Hathaway as Fantine!!!!!!!!!  Just look at this photo, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  Apparently, they are not skimping on the tragedy of Fantine--you could not ask for a more heart rending tableau!!!!!!!!! And you can see how Hugh Jackman and Anne seem to be giving their all to these roles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       This is the Film of the Season!!!!!!!!!!!  I know my tears will commence, once Fantine appears onscreen, since whenever I read the book or see the show I live it with her, not to mention that ending up, as such, pictured above, happens to be my greatest fear!!!!!!!!!!  So, while I love Fantine as a character, I fear her, for what she represents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Perhaps the flattening of it all into a film image, rather than the three dimensions of the stage, will keep things a bit at a distance!!!!!!!!!!!  I can only tell you, after I have seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In the meantime, there is less than 30 days to go. This was supposed to open of December 14--and I was hoping to take that day off, and go--but Universal pulled it back till Christmas Day, which, though it is a big, prestige picture, is NOT an upbeat story.  Take it from one who has read the book twice--if you want to see a "feelgood movie" on Christmas, this is NOT the one to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            But Anne, as Fantine, is going to be so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             As exciting as me dressing in the part for the screening, and doing MY killer rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               But not at the initial viewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: