Followers

Friday, November 2, 2012

Girls, It Is Times Like These When I Could Use A Pauline Trigere!!!!!!!!


                   
                                      Bad times like these always make me think back to former good times, darlings, when there were socialites about like Slim Keith, Babe Paley and the Baroness Pauline De Rothschild!!!!!!!!
Then we'd have none of this K-Mart crap we see today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, even some of Ruth Gordon's outfits, as Minnie Castevet, would be an improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      And wouldn't luncheon and other engagements be more  interesting, with gals like these around??????  I mean, I know I  do my share, but who else is there, really?????  Maybe Brini  Maxwell!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      But, if such things were possible, what would I wear????  I wish I could wear this gorgeous Pauline Trigere you are about to see--it is simply ME!!!!!!!!

                                       I mean, just look at the quality--the color, the craft!!!!!!  The lattice on top, the frill around the edges!!!!!!  Where do you see such talent like this, today!!!!!!!  Even though it is short sleeves, a gorgeous Hermes wrap would warm my arms, as well as my heart, and I would simply look so Demi-Monde!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Wonder how many of my older gals out there own some Paulines?????????
Or inherited some from their mothers, or grandmothers????????   I wouldn't ask you to part with them for anything; it wouldn't be fair, but, girls, there is no reason why I, or any of us, cannot pick our shot, take it to a dressmaker, and have it copied, just for us!!!!!!!!!!  Pauline may be dead, but her outfits, in a way, could live on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Once I had this dress, only one obstacle blocks my way!!!!!!!!!

                                         What drink goes with this dress, at luncheon??????????????

                                   

No comments: