Followers

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Darlings, The Holidays Are Closer Than You Think!!!!!!!!!


                                     Aren't things rushed enough, already, girls????????  The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is in full swing, the City Ballet's "Nutcracker" opens on the 23rd, and, just three days before that, arrives my most favorite of Holiday traditions in New York.  I am talking about the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       It will be up, from November 20, to January 6!!!!!!!!  The way my schedule is seeming to work out, this will be the earliest I have ever gone to it  in all my twenty plus years of viewing--Saturday, December 1!!!!!!!!!!!!  But what a Saturday, and what a tree!!!!!!!!!  This is truly, darlings, the spiritual experience of the Season, where the whole thing about tradition, Christ, and Christmas hits me, all at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        And on Friday eves, there is something you should not miss!  When the sun begins to set, which at this time of year is now about 4:30 PM, the entire room goes dark and silent.  The tree goes out.  Then, slowly, the music  comes in, the lights come up, and the tree is lit slowly, from the ground up.  I was there by accident one year to witness this, and it was so beautiful!!!!!!!   So, I am telling you, if you can get yourselves there specifically for this, do not miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Imagine--I'm writing about the Metropolitan Tree, and my birthday has not arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            What will be next???????? Halloween in June????????????????

No comments: