Followers

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Bloomsday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   Today is Bloomsday, which is the date on which the events forming James Joyce's novel. "Ulysses"-- a text I keep promising to read before shuffling off this mortal coil--took place.  It is also the date of Joyce's first date with Nora Barnacle, (what a poetic surname) who eventually became his wife.

                                     If I had a text in the house, I might read some excerpts, or recite Molly Bloom's famous Soliloquy out loud.  Alas, I do not currently own a copy.

                                       Now, I know the novel is vividly sexual in nature, which is why it kicked up such a fuss, provoking a court trial when sold in this country.  But I just read an even more scurrilous piece of filth, online, in an otherwise  prestige publication, which I will not name, except to say that  Graydon Carter must be a victim of wishful thinking.  The article suggests that the initial  date between Nora and James, ended in a hand job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!   I mean, do we really have to know this?  What a tough time Nora must have had, because, let me tell you girls, for future reference, in case you travel to the British Isles and run off with a hot Irish lad.  They are uncut, and let me tell you, I am NOT about to go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           Is the article trying to glorify Bloomsday or belittle it??????????  The writer seems to be implying that all we are celebrating and honoring  on this day is some author getting a hand job!  I think the ones who need one are Graydon and the writer!

                                             How DARE you destroy the poetry of this day?????????????????

                                             It also happens to be my niece's birthday, you two pieces of swine!  Hands OFF!!!!!!!!!

                                              As Cole Porter once wrote, "Birds do it, bees do it, even flowers and the trees do it!"

                                              But do we have to know every movement and position????????? Too Much Info, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              So, have a lyrical and poetic Bloomsday.  But if it should turn erotic--fine!  Just keep it to yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: