Followers

Saturday, June 28, 2014

How Would You Like To Be Touched By This Angel, Girls????????????


                            Or maybe even touch this angel's butt??????

                            Happy Pride Saturday!  Can you believe Channel 13 is not showing anything appropriate?????  The least they could have done is given us Angela Lansbury in "The Manchurian Candidate!"

                             But all is well at home.  Baby Gojira is decorated for Pride in a beautiful pink cowboy hat, which looks so adorable atop his wee head.  And Ramsey is wearing a rainbow barrette/collar around his neck; he is loud and proud, and this is one lamb who will not be silent!

                               Congratulations to all my Advanced Placement Bitches!  Let's cap off the week by a look at a Supreme Bitch--Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Eleanor Shaw Iselin, in "The Manchurian Candidate."   Maybe this inspired Sante and Kenny Kimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                So, have a Great Pride, darlings, what ever you do, or watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 comment:

Videolaman said...

LOVE Angela in this! Esp near the end, when she figures out she's been played, and quietly loses her icy composure:

"But now, my son, we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me."

The way she spits out the words "contemptuously underestimating me" still sends chills down my spine, and inspires me to never accept defeat. (Why on earth wasn't she featured on the poster? What kind of draw did they think pre-Psycho Janet Leigh would be, in a thankless six-minute ingenue role?)

Then of course, there's the great throwaway line regarding Lansbury from Laurence Harvey's character:

"It's a terrible thing to hate your mother. But I didn't always hate her. When I was a child, I only kind of disliked her."

Oh, my, yes. As Sondheim famously wrote, "No One Is Alone, Truly".