Followers

Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Girl Has To Watch Her Reputation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Well, girls, we are back--we got in yesterday afternoon, around 2PM, but let me tell you, we almost came home earlier.

                              It was not your typical Thanksgiving.  Wednesday evening, I noticed my sister's  toilet was not flushing right. Then, on Thursday morning, our holiday was almost cancelled because there was a problem with clogging in the pipes, and oh my God, no showers, hair washing; I mean, glamour is one thing, but no HYGIENE?????????????   I cannot live like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Happily, things worked out, and we celebrated Thanksgiving.  In a heavily Catholic and Republican state.  Now, with the state being so Catholic, would you believe I could not find a statue of Jacinta Marto to throw myself upon, asking for mercy???????????

                               Even more terrifying was the prospect we faced at one point of having to go to a hotel!!!!!!!!!  Oh, girls, the shame of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME, The Raving Queen, spending the holiday in a by-the- highway hotel, right next to a (gasp!) Bob Evans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was ready to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                And then, on Friday, when we took my father out for dinner, where did we end up????  Cracker Barrel!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?????????  These places are racist and homophobic, yet the merchandisers cannot tell the difference.  Because when I walked in, the most flaming queen, and from New York, to boot, I was served!  As I damn well should be!  The only thing that suffered was my stomach and my reputation!

                                  A girl simply cannot be seen in places like this!!!!!!!!!!!  Once you get outside of New York, you run this risk!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   It's like what Cathleen Calvert said to Scarlett on the Twelve Oaks stairs in "Gone With The Wind"--

                                    "No...but she was ruined just the same!"

No comments: