Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2016

If I Thought It Would Make Me Look This Glamorous And Sophisticated, I Might Have Smoked, Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              When it comes to smoking on the screen, no two did it better than Suzanne Pleshette and 'Tippi' Hedren, in "The Birds."  Of course, with that green two piece outfit and fur coat, 'Tippi' made an art of the whole thing, while Suzanne made it an emotional balm. Especially with a glass of wine or sherry, by her side. Bet Annie Hayworth, a native Californian, had she lived, would have gone on to read Joan Didion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Of course, the mess that comes with smoking is not seen, so it is glamourized all the more.  And it is something I have seen, what with lung cancer in the family, and my poor mother passing away from it.  If I were to even attempt the smoking of 'Tippi' I am convinced my mother would appear from the Beyond and wring my neck!  I guess I would not blame her.

                                 Remember those awful candy cigarettes they had when some of us were children?  Imagine, teaching kids to smoke!  They were so tacky and cheap, I never liked them. But, there were these chocolate ones, covered in paper to look more real--which they did--and were sold in a rather elegant looking case.  Of course, darlings, you know I preferred that, but now you can't even get those anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Otherwise I might go about the country, in a green two piece and fur coat, being photographed in front of school yards, with jungle gyms behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Just a thought, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: