Followers

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Last Night's Program Kept Reminding Me, I Have To Call, And Have Lunch With Gloria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              It was not what I expected.  I had thought "Nothing Left Unsaid--Gloria Vanderbilt And Anderson Cooper" would be a blast into the "Grey Gardens" past, and the far off days of glamour, which unfortunately will never return, because our Trump-centric culture has become simply to boorish.

                               I have to say, darlings, Gloria looked good.  Even if she had face work done, which you better believe she has. Now, I am one of those of a certain age, who remember when both the book and the mini-series, "Little Gloria, Happy At Last" were extremely popular. Today, I cannot even find a copy of that book anywhere.  I never read it, then, but sure would like to read it now.

                                 Because Gloria's life, little or no, was not happy.  First, she went to The Wheeler School.  My God, Wheeler's and NOT Miss Porter's?????????  Something is wrong right there; that is enough to decimate a child for life.

                                   Her marriages did not work out, and she even had a fling with that thug, Sinatra!!!!! He was hardly in her class, dears!  Then Anderson Cooper being gay--but come on, some child of Gloria's HAD to be, and then that horrible business with Carter and his suicide.  I almost turned the TV off, it was so depressing.  And heartrending.  Gloria was as honest as could be, and it is clear this is something she will never quite get over.

                                     I came away wanting to see "Full Gallop," the play about Diana Vreeland. But I just loved Gloria's red hallway, darlings; it gives me some decorating ideas.

                                       Meanwhile, I simply have to call Gloria and have lunch!  We can discuss garnets and portraits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: