Followers

Friday, April 1, 2016

It's Here, The Month "Breedng Lilacs Out Of The Deadlands, Mixing Memory And Desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              April is a mixed month, as far as I am concerned. Spring is finally here, but then comes those showers that bring May flowers. Tomorrow is my Aunt Jane's 92nd birthday (!!!!!!!), but it is also the 37th Anniversary of my mother's death.  Three days later one of my cousins, born before I, turns 62, and that is the Anniversary--eight years, I think!!!!!--of my brother-in-law's death. So, my sister and I don't look too fondly upon April.

                                However, at the very end of this month--the 30th!!!!!!!--my father turns 101, which is an achievement.  I have my dental visit, which I fear, and a colonoscopy I am due for, which I fear even more.  So, I have a prayer to make it through April in one piece; especially since the 16th is the Feast Day of my favorite saint, Bernadette--it is the day she died, and when she was canonized. The latter took place in 1933.

                                  The 21st marks the 39th Anniversary of the Broadway opening of "Annie," meaning next year makes forty, as well my same numbered year out of college.  Time marches on.

                                    Which is one thing April, in edition to my birthday and New Years Eve, always remind me of!  I wish you all a happy and safe April, and let's hope I make it through the colonoscapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       With the promise of more pleasant things to come, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: