Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Can You Believe We Are Now One Fourth Of The Way Through 2016???????????????


                                     We have come to the end of the first quarter, darlings, and on to the more exciting second, which includes Summer and Fall.  It is also going to include things like a colonoscopy (me), visiting the dentist, seeing "She Loves Me!" and who knows what else?

                                        Now that Easter has passed, and Winter is truly over, the fun of the year can actually begin!  I hope everyone had a successful March, and I wish you an happy, rather than cruel, April.  That latter comes by way of T.S. Eliot.

                                         So, I will see you next month, in April. If I get through that month, then things will really be on their way!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Until tomorrow, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your very kind comments regarding the original Broadway Von Trapp family. I thank you so much.

Kindest regards,

Mary Susan Locke Shaffer

The Raving Queen said...


OMG, thank you so much! Broadway's original
Marta! What an experience it must have been!

Unknown said...

Being a part of the history making "Sound of Music" was most definitely one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Where do you post from? Are you in NYC?

My dear friend Fay Jacobs is doing a hilarious one woman show at the Duplex in May. You should come and see it.

The Raving Queen said...


Yes, I post from NYC. I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan.
Am very familiar with the Duplex. I will watch for May.
TSOM opened on Bway 2 days before my fifth birthday. I
remember I had a 45RPM of Mitch Miller and The Gang,
with you and your "siblings" doing "Do-R-Mi." It
taught me how to sing!

Unknown said...

Also did Christmas songs with Mitch and the gang. Usually hear "Must Be Santa" at least once on the radio during the season. Funny factoid: Mitch ALWAYS stomped his foot to the music which drove the recording engineers to distraction.

The Raving Queen said...


I used to watch Mitch Miller on TV,
but don't remember the episode you describe.
I have seen thanks to You Tube, when
you weere all on "What's My Line?" Loved it!