Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Is This Guy For Real, Darlings????????????????????????


                               For years, I have watched just the commercial.  Which is one of the creepiest things on ID.  We never see the man beyond this viewpoint, and a bandaged hand turning up the volume on an opera recording.  The set tells us everything--he lives in the past, he is alone, a loser, and he is psychologically sick. His hand is bandaged, due to a fight with his victim.  This is "House Of Horrors--Kidnapped," on ID, and it repulses me.

                                 First, the idea of isolation and deprivation is terrifying to me.  Second the ad has it all wrong.  If the guy is listening to opera, he would not be keeping a woman imprisoned beneath him.  He would keep a toothsome lad!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I love how the camera pans down from this bucolic view, to the ceiling, with the snow shoes, and other suburban or country paraphernalia.  I mean, what would I know about it, huh?

                                   I know that this ad creeps me out. And if the gentleman seated is a real actor, I would love to know who he is. He laughs all the way to the bank, appearing in an ad in which he is recognized by everything but his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    But a straight man listening to opera???????  Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Maybe the McGuire Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: