Followers

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This Is The Day, When Time Plays Tricks On Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Today is, indisputably, the First Day Of Summer.  I hope you are ready for it, and all it entails, and that the Summer of 2017 is memorable to all in the most positive ways imaginable.

                                   Now, I was always taught that Summer begins on June 21.  But that the longest day of the year is actually June 22, which also happens to be the Divine MERYL's birthday.

                                   Yet, some out there feel today is the longest day, and they start shortening from here!

                                     Can someone please tell me what is correct?  Otherwise, I will lean to the 22nd, because of the MERYL factor!  Of course, she would have to have been born, on a magical day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       To start the season off properly, here is Freddy Cannon's 1962 classic, "June July, And August!"

                                        Let the good times role, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh wow I'd forgotten about Freddy "boom boom" Cannon.
He holds the record for most performances on American Bandstand.
Now I must listen to Way Down Yonder in New Orleans!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I grew up when "Palisades Park" first
came out. I loved the song so much I
bought the 45. One time I played
"June, July And August" and discovered
an even better song on the flip side!