Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2017

"Because It's June! June! June! June!"


                              What the hell happened to May, girls?  I will tell you--it flew right by.  I had the shortest hiatus imaginable, as I served only one day of jury duty.  That's right--they threw me out!  Can you imagine?  Guess I was too Lily Rush, for them!

                                 But now it is June, a month ushered in  with not one, but two songs.  The most renowned is the "Carousel" classic, "June Is Bustin' Out All Over."  The other you will find out about in the next month.

                                  June is a month of many birthdays. Two former coworkers, my friend Chris, my nephew Jonathan and niece Jennifer, my childhood friend, Mary Ann.   And Jennifer's daughter, Millie.

                                   So, I really have to get ready.  Not to mention Father's Day, and I am supposed to visit him, and sing the Leonard Cohen, "Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                    Time to usher in the month, with June's signature song!  Here it is!

                                     This is Shirley Verrett, Sally Murphy, Audra McDonald, and Company, from the 1994 revival at Lincoln Center's Vivian Beaumont Theatre!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: