Followers

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Have An Ax To Grind With Someone? Don't Argue! Just Make A "Help" Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Now, girls, this may get a little bit...um...scatological, but I will try and be as gentle as I can.

                                 Who among us does not have someone, or someones, we would love to stick it to!  And I think the best revenge would be to make a "Help" pie.  Even Baby Gojira agrees with me!

                                  I don't think most readers on here understand what a "Help" pie is.  I will says this--I read the book, before seeing the movie, and all through the book, Minnie (played to an Oscar winning fare thee well by Octavia Spencer) keeps referencing "the terrible awful I done to Miss Hilly."  I couldn't imagine what it was.  When I found out, it took me completely by surprise.

                                   Minnie's "Help" pie is, basically, a traditional chocolate pie recipe, including a dollop of whipped cream, with something special added.  I will give you a hint.  It has four letters, begins with the letter S, and ends with T.  One's own.

                                     Now, I know this will not be pleasant.  It must not have been pleasant for Minnie, and back then, with no air conditioners or anything.  I suggest you have plenty of Febreeze and oven cleaner on hand, to fumigate, after the task is done.  And all the bowls, spoons, and such used to concoct the pie filling before it goes into the crust--which, in true Minnie tradition, I am sure is homemade, but with today's good pre-made crusts, one could get away with the latter.  After all, the proof is in the pudding, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!--must be disposed of, immediately after use.

                                       Um! Um!  Won't those who get this be surprised.

                                        Like we used to sing, when kids, "N-E-S-T-L-E-S!  Look what's up your A-S-S!  Chooooooooocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                         Here is the scene, to inspire you.  Watch how Sissy Spacek, as Hilly's mother, who hates her daughter for putting her in a nursing home, is the first to catch on to the ingredient.  She steals the scene.

                                        As for my list of pie eaters, it is up to four.

                                       And they are so clueless I could pull this off, with no problem!

                                       It is said, after all, revenge is a dish best served cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: