Followers

Thursday, February 1, 2018

"Info Wars" Was Not A Great Episode! But Some Contributions Livened Things Up!


                                This was an episode guaranteed to push one's buttons, no matter what side of the political spectrum one stands.  Rhea Seehorn's brilliant portrayal of Martha Cobb, clearly a stand in for Ann Coulter, was as despicable as Ann herself, but I have to tell you, I loved the scenes when Martha was calling Olivia out on her harried looking, single woman career woman act, straight out of a character in a Joan Didion novel, because at that point, I had to wonder--was this the writers' way of saying to Dick Wolf what is wrong with the show, and they are tired of writing the show, and Olivia, this way????????????????

                                  I had to wonder.  And I hope so.

                                  Having recently seen "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,"  I noticed that the inconclusiveness of this episode matched that of the film, which I am sure the writers were influenced by.  Of course, Olivia has to do her little inspirational monologue at the end, and I had to give credit to the character of Martha Cobb for not vomiting, while having to listen to it.

                                   Martha is a hoot!   I hope she comes back in another episode, to liven things up!

                                   As for Jonathan Judge-Russo (hey, agent; tell your client to change that name fast!) as pathetic little right wing whiner, Randy Platt, I was glad Martha put him off.  Living with his mother, with puberty a good decade or more behind him, he could be a budding serial killer.  He still has not got adult maturity, because just because he and this attractive woman support the same political views, does not a romance make.  People like Randy Platt, who think they are God's gift to women, because their mothers are afraid to tell them anything else, need to look at my BOTW post on Alyce Davenport!  That is exactly the kind of woman the Randy Platts of this world are going to end up with!  Who else would be dumb enough to have them????????????

                                   Oh, the notion about how if women work, they should put on a dress and heels, uttered by Randy, had me on the floor!  What does this rube know about fashion or glamour?  He is too unsophisticated to be gay, and living in rural New York, how educated can he be, anyway?

                                   I have to say, it is strange that this episode, while I despise her agenda, found me more on the same page with Martha Cobb than anyone else.  What does that say about me, I wonder?  She is a Trumpette!  I am certainly not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   But I will concede this episode proved truth can come from the strangest of places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: