Followers

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Oh, The Flagship Diner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Queens Experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        With all due apologies to those who live there, and love it, I hate Queens!  When you go there, you instantly realize what the phrase "straight outta Queens" (often applied to Ellen Barkin) means.

                           But I will say this.  For a borough I dislike, never have I seen more areas than I am aware of, with something frightening to offer.

                            The Flagship Diner--forget the food, it is the cheesy ambience of not only the diner, but the whole neighborhood, along Queens Boulevard, in Briarwood, that gets to me.  A series of highways and storefront facades, atop which are these mammoth brick apartment buildings, creating an atmosphere, at least to me, that would seem to make one feel they were living in a theme park created for a dumbed down America, as befits this tanking nation.

                              Yes, darlings, it is a microcosm for America.  If only Robert Altman were still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                No wonder actors and actresses who came from Queens escaped--they HAD to!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What other choice did they have?  Ending up like this???????????????

                                I am telling you, darlings, it is Goat Alley to the max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: