Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tomorrow, We Are Defined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlings, I am declaring tomorrow is officially Julie and Julia Day, and you can bet, what with having just started the book, I am marching into my kitchen tomorrow to make Potage Parmentier, and then off to the movie to see the Divine Meryl Streep and the Enchanting Amy Adams. And all from the grubby, grittiness of MY New York based kitchen, in Queens!!!!!

A word, girls, about yesterday's remark regarding enabling, ethnic mothers. Now, some may see that as being a racist; honey, I am just stating facts. Woodside is overrun will all sorts of ethnic diversity, with my gayness, darling, being one of the most diverse of that diverse. And those of us who were raised in affluent white suburban neighborhoods never forget where we came from, so when we get to those urban settings we long to escape to in order to live our lives the way we want instead of proscibed, let me tell you there are things you have to adjust to. Baby, we are a long way from Miss Porter's. And that is not my existent snobbism talking; that is simply facts! If I were a true snob or racist, I would only have these people in my home as cleaning people or yard workers, assuming I had a yard! But to water just one crappy plant? And cook myself a meal? Honey, I can do that myself!

So appologies to Woodside if you feel offended. True, I do want to fly from the land of carbon paper to the land of flowered chintz, but right now Woodside does just fine, what with housing my books and other assorted gay memorabilia, which we will get to in time, girls!!!!

Looking forward to seeing all my girls tomorrow at our repsective kitchen ranges, and at the movies with Meryl and Amy. May all of you have a happy Julie and Juilia Day, darlings!!!!!!!!!

No comments: