Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What Does It Take, Girls? What Does It Take?????

Something I forgot to mention earlier, darlings. I finished "The September Society," and the big surprise was there was NO homosexual subplot. And with an all-male society, come on! And Charles Finch, the author, judging from his jacket photo is cute as a button, so poised in his crisp, white shit; honey, there is no way he can be straight. He definitely looks like he knows his Dolce from his Gabana.

So along these lines I begin Lauren Weisberger's "Everyone Worth Knowing." Ms W. you may recall scored a big success with something called "The Devil Wears Prada." I read that one, too. She is definitely a Candice Bushnell but on a higher plane, and her prose style and chronicling of living in squalid apartments while yearning for that great New York life beyond, is something we can ALL relate to, girls, and do, but let me tell you, the way I bust my derriere to blog to all of you, and then she gets published? I mean, her stuff isn't any better or worse than this blog. Mine is better, of course, bitchier, at times, and with a true perspective on the gay life style that she, being a woman, simply cannot experience from within.

Like I asked, what does it take, girls? If anyone wants to step up and publish this, believe me, they can, just to Amy Adams plays ME--as a gay man--in the movie.

This has been some week. No husband, no GWTW date, and now someone who I can outwrite gets published. Lauren, does have fantastic hair, but I mean, like it says in "The Producers," "Who do you have to fuck to get a break in this town?"

That is all for now, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: