Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bon Appetit, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

           
                             Girls, would you believe that today we celebrate the Centennial of Julia Child's birth??????  That is right, "The French Chef" was born 100 years ago today. Wonder what Julia Powell will be cooking for dinner tonight??????  Wouldn't I love to be dining tonight, over at her house????????

                               For that matter, what will Monsieur and I have??????  This day should be acknowledged with something special, in the most culinary sense.  But who has the time???????

                               Julia Child did, and she made it seem so easy, so effortless.  Even though it really wasn't.  I will never forget watching her with my mother, the day she dropped the chicken on the floor, and just picked it up, did not even wash it, and put it back in the pan!!!!!!!!!! I am telling you, my mother was appalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Not to mention Julia bore a strong resemblance to my grade school music teacher, Helen Lynch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Happy Birthday, Julia!!!!!!!!!  And Bon Appetit to all my girls out there!!!!!!!

No comments: