Followers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Girls, A Mexican Restaurant That Is Not Only Tasty, But Easy On The Intestinal Tract!!!!!!!!!


                             This last point, darlings, is why I do not dine at Mexican or Indian restaurants frequently, because, generally, the next day I am hunched over in the bathroom, as though prepping for a colonoscopy!!!!!!!!!  So, when Monsieur said last night that he wanted to try Mezcal's in our neighborhood (which is directly next to our regular habitue, the Lighthouse Cafe!!!!!!!) it was with reservations I said yes. After all, I had to work on Saturday, but, perhaps, I thought, I could recover enough, to make it in by noon.  Well, I did not need to.

                                 Girls, you have to see it just for the inside, alone!!!!!!  This place just abounds with color.  In fact, I have not seen so much varied color in one place, since the Cubby Hole, the mixed/lesbian bar in Greenwich Village. Perhaps the crowd is mixed at Mezcal's, too. Things were rather calm when we were there; I bet by 10PM, this place is flying!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    We started with chips and salsa, which were heaven, then an appetizer of Super Nachos, with sour cream guacamole, beans, the works!!!!!!!!!!!  It was fabulous!  We both had combination dishes, with rice and beans.  Monsieur had beef or chicken with his, I believe, while I went all veggie!!!!!!!!!  And they are accomadating; if you cannot eat kidney beans (which I cannot, because of the migraine factor), they will substitute luscious black beans!!!!!!!   It was fabulous and filling!!!!!!!!!  It tasted so good going down that I was sure I was going to pay for it, the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Well, here it is, almost midday, over twelve hours since I have eaten, and I feel great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I can recommend this place, without reservation.  In fact, we want to go back again--though not too soon!--and sample some more of its very varied menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           You will not go hungry at Mezcal's!!!!!!!!! And, if you are like me, darlings, when you come out (especially after one their luscious frozen margaritas), you will feel like Jennifer Jones, as Pearl Chavez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               "Built by the Devil, to drive men crazy!" You better believe it, dolls!!!!!!!!

No comments: