Followers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Girls They Make Me Feel Just Like Cher In "Moonsruck"!!!!!!!!!!



                                 Now, girls, we all remember the scene in "Moonstruck" where Loretta, who is gong to the opera that night with Ronny, goes to her local salon, gets her hair done, goes shopping and is transformed from a frump into a Princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Back when I was living in Bay Ridge, during the 1990's (before I left in 1997) I never missed an appointment at Salon Briana, on 83rd Street and Fifth Avenue.  The staff was so friendly and glamorous, and I always had Linda Anne do my hair, which she did perfectly.  I never missed a session with Linda Anne, let me tell you!!!!!!!!!!

                                    When Monsieur and I were contemplating moving to Bay Ridge, I walked into Salon Briana, and noted that not only did  things look pretty much the same (after 15 years!!!) some of the staff was still there, and had remembered me, as Linda Anne's client!!!!!!   Alas, Linda Anne has moved on to Staten Island and marriage--and I am happy for her!--but I swore that, if I did move back to Bay Ridge, I would return to Salon Briana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       Well, yesterday, darlings, I did, and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just like when Dolly Gallagher Levi returns to Harmonia Gardens!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         The glamour is still there, and those who have been there do  not age a bit!!!!!  I had Kelly  do my hair, and she did such a wonderful job, if I ever go on location, or even a backstage Broadway (or Off) dressing room in Manhattan, I am going to have Kelly do my hair!!!!!
Too bad this crew cannot get their hands on Amy Adams; they could do wonders, improving on the dowdy looking way she appears in "Into The Woods." How dare this is done to Our Amy???????

                                           There was magazines, talk, and by the time I was finished, not only had the sun come out, but I was dry and feeling my freshest, unlike the rain soaked mess I felt like when I walked in!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             Salon Briana is Heaven in Bay Ridge!!!!!!!!!  Forget about that wannabe, Ariette, at Bergdorf's!!!!!!!!!!!   A C-note, for a coiff?????????? Forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the price is right, at Salon Briana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Though the real reason to go is how they make you feel so special!!!!!!  

                                                   Screw you, Paris Hilton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: