Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Darlings, A Comedy Queen Has Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           Girls, I was more saddened than shocked to hear about the death of Phyllis Diller yesterday.  At 95, she was certainly up there, and had lived a full and rewarding life. But with her went another piece of my childhood, for I can remember her--and that unmistakable laugh--on countless television shows.  You can even catch her, in a cameo in the 1961 film classic, "Splendor In The Grass," which is more often these days when I have seen her.

                              I used to love her short run comedy show, "The Pruitts Of South Hampton."  I didn't know my Hamptons from my back yard at that point, but I loved Phyllis   on it. Today, I cannot tell you who else appeared on the program; I only remember her.

                                And during childhood, there was something about my Aunt Martha, who lived in Cedar Grove, that reminded me of Phyllis Diller.  Something in her voice, or her laugh; I jokingly used to call her Phyllis Diller.

                                  Now, Phyllis is  gone, just like Aunt Martha!!!!!!!!!  I hope both of them are having a laugh riot in the Hereafter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Make sure you have your laugh riots now, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: