Followers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Beacon Of Hope From A Topic That Still Troubles Us!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 That Family Class Act, the Clementis, in tandem with Rutgers University, and the
foundation named in honor their son, Tyler, have joined forces to create the Tyler Clementi Center, at
Rutgers.  Its purpose will be to serve as a forum of aid and research for students--gay and non-alike--who are in the difficult stage of transitioning from home life to college.  Those more vulnerable have a rougher time of it than others, and, as Jane Clementi points out, "there are other Tylers" out there," and they do not want them going through what he was forced to.  I should hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    The Center will be in a prominent spot on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus.  It will be spearheaded by two faculty members, and I imagine groups of volunteers, who want to work on it.  I am telling you, were I still living out there, even though I am now (come May, at least) a good 36 years out of college, I would be running over to volunteer, myself.  So, if there are any of you girls in the Rutgers area, reading this, think about doing a volunteer stint there.

                                      Sadly, nothing can bring Tyler back, but it is comforting to know how, his tragedy continues to spread the message towards working so it does not again happen to some vulnerable kid.  I applaud the Clementis for their courage and dedication, as they continue to honor their son's memory, yet reaching out to others, who, like him, need help.

                                         Who knows?  I may have to pay a visit to the Tyler Clementi Center!  And when I do, you will be the first to get a full report on it, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            "We're here.........we're queer.........get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: