Followers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Girls, This Day Is Not Just For Groundhogs Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Today, lambs, also happens to be the Feast Day of Saint Blaise.  I can recall always going to the church on this day, getting my throat blessed, by having two crossed candles held to it. And I am telling you, if I have any hope of singing Fantine, I had better get blessed, because this throat and vocal cords had better hold out, if I am to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              Of course, when I was a child, getting blessed on this day, I used to spell it Saint Blaze.  I also thought Blaze was a woman (which is not the case!) maybe because, being monstrously precocious already, darlings, I equated the name with the stripper, Blaze Star!!!!!!!!!!   Shows what direction I was going in, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                But Saint Blaise is also the patron saint of wild animals.  I know the Blessing Of The Animals takes place on another day, but if there is an animal out there that you love, you may want to hold it, and say Saint Blaise's prayer, to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  I mean, look what good results the Goundhog got this year!  Bet he arose early, and had his throat blest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: