Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hey, Mr. Wolf, Why Are You Such A Dick??????????


                                        This was the question I found myself asking, as I watched the unfurling of "Secrets Exhumed," the eagerly awaited episode of 'SVU,' because it featured another star turn by the brilliant Marcia Gay Harden, as FBI agent Dana Lewis (aka Starr).  And Marcia certainly did not disappoint, but the script--oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          When I saw where I thought (hold that word a sec!) the episode was going, I was just incredulous.  The idea of framing Harden's character, a top FBI profiler, in a crime committed more than twenty years ago, and then arresting her, making for a handcuff clad exit, as she is being written out of the show, just did not sit well with me, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  And this morning, I find myself mulling over it.
Did they really write Dana out of the show?  Why?  Or is this (which I hope) some kind of plot contrivance, which will bring Dana back to clear herself of charges, and cause the SVU gang to wind up with egg on their faces????????  They deserve no less.

                                            But these are just actors playing characters, so they cannot be held accountable. But Dick Wolf can.  What on earth is he thinking--getting rid of Diane Neal, Stephanie March, B.D. Wong, and NOW Marcia Gay Harden?????????  An Oscar winner, no less, not to mention one of our best American working actresses out there?????????

                                               I think a police uniform clad Meryl Streep and Amy Adams should just march right into Dick Wolf's office, and pistol whip him silly!!!!!!!!  And Warren Leight, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Amy could do it with that perky, radiant Amy smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Should that not work, I think Wolf should be locked in a room with Lindsay Lohan, and forced to negotiate a contract with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See how much his sanity can take!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   Really, Dick, how can you let this 14-year-old show sink so badly???????? Better to have ended with last season's finale--Elliot leaving, Sister Peg deceased--then to subject it to the slow death you are giving it.   And eliminating Marcia is certainly a case of biting one of the hands that feeds you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      Despite how bad the episode was, I loved every single second Marcia was on camera.  She was perfection, and a pro all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         But then, girls, when isn't she??????????????????????

No comments: