Followers

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

We Should All Have THIS View Of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              I have always loved this shot from the 1947 film, "Miracle On 34th Street," which used to turn up on TV both at Thanksgiving and Christmas, when I was young. I hope my girls all know that the two actors, seated, are Natalie Wood and John Payne.

                                To this day, some part of me is convinced that there is some magical apartment in Manhattan today, with this exact window view.  In reality, I am sure the scene was shot on a set on the Fox lot, with rear projection.

                                   The apartment belonged to Natalie's mother, Doris Walker, played by Maureen O'Hara, who, interestingly enough, turns out to be the only cast member, at 92, still alive. So, of course, before she drops. the Academy, in the forthcoming year, is going to give her an honorary Oscar.

                                    But what I would give for that apartment, and that view!  Wherever it turns out you watch the Macy's Parade, or even if you don't, enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     And bring back that Forties glamour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: