Followers

Monday, November 3, 2014

You Won't Believe How We Spent Our Sunday, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


         
                                I had never heard of Allison or Matt Robicelli, or their bakery and culinary efforts, for all that I have lived in Bay Ridge for the past almost three years, not to mention my single period in the neighborhood from 1983 to 1997.

                                I had heard of pub crawls, but, since I don't really drink, what would I get out of that?  But Monsieur found an ad in a local paper, advertising, yesterday, a food crawl, hosted by Allison Robicelli, which would hit some spots in the neighborhood, culminating with desert at her place.

                                  We met, and hit first, Pizza Wagon, on 5th Avenue and 86th Street, which also kept us out of the ruckus of the NYC Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Then we walked five blocks north to this Chinese restaurant, to have the most exquisite dumplings, with chili oil sauce .  Both Monsieur and I shared, because you really have to pace yourself during these things, or the stomach explodes.  Mine still feels kinda full, even after the nightmare of seeing what Paula Zahn was dressed in last night--some asymmetrical black thing, with a zipper on the side!  I mean, someone out there must really hate Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                But back to food. My favorite spot, I think, was the Lock Yard Bar, on 5th and 92nd Street.  They have all kinds of yummy things on the menu, brunch food, which will necessitate another visit.  I decided to try the Cory's Fried Pickles.  I don't know who Cory is, but they were luscious.  And, with a drink so named, how could I resist a Bloody Mary named "Go Go Godzilla," or, as I would call it "Go Go Gojira!"  His picture was even on the menu.  I mean, Gojira and even Baby Gojira did not say a word to us about this.  Guess the big old reptilian movie star is just too modest, though I am sure he is getting a commission from Lock Yard.

                                 Then we ended up at Allison and Matt's place, Robicelli's, which was like going to Sugarland, at the end of "The Nutcracker."  Oh, my God!  I am going to have to go back there for coffee, and more of their product. There was this chocolate pretzel thing that was yummy, and Monsieur's Brown Sugar Blondie was luscious.  Me, I went with chocolate--the Brooklyn Black, a chocolate cupcake covered with frosting, and topped with chocolate cream and/or meringue.  I was not sure, but oh, was it good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Of course, we thanked Allison and Matt profusely!  And, of course, we walked all the way home, after this!  I have a feeling Allison at some point may do another food crawl, so, for those who did not do it, yesterday, visit this place in Bay Ridge, and when you get wind of another crawl, do it, because Allison is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Thanks, Allison and Matt!  You were fabulous!

                                       Even Little Bobby, from our book group, was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: