Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veterans Day, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                       I am telling you, it is great to have a day in the week off, but what this day means to me are several things--first, my father and uncles who fought in WWII, and second, on this day in 1911, before it was actually Veteran's Day, my paternal grandparents were married!

                       But, for some of us, dolls, Veteran's Day means something else!

                        That's right, girls, "Sgt. Fury And His Howling Commandos," from Marvel Comics!!!!!!!!!!
Like, what did I know about the Military????  Or give a shit?  Do you think I would have been gong?  Hell, no!!!!!!!!  It would have been like  Goldie Hawn, in "Private Benjamin!!!!!!!!!"

                          I had no interest in war matters.  But I just loved the torn shirts and muscular arms in the Sgt. Fury comics!  Wonder why that was?  Well, guess what darlings???????????  Now we know!

                          Sgt. Fury!!!!!!!!!  Mmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!  A great way to remember our vets on Veterans Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: