Followers

Monday, November 17, 2014

Thanks For Coming To My Party, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              They came from as far as Pennsylvania, and as close as 25 blocks away.  My birthday gathering yesterday, at the Greenhouse Cafe, in Bay Ridge, truly did turn out to be the Social Event Of The Season!!!!!!!!!

                                And the gifts!  Let me tell you something, I am from the School Of Thank You Notes, and everyone is going to get one, even if it takes me the rest of the month to write them!!!!!!!!!!

                                 From a hard backed, first edition of "The Greenlanders," by Jane Smiley, to T-Shirts highlighting "Anabel," with the famous doll featured, "Friday The 13th," and my favorite, "Attack Of The Fifty Foot Woman." the stash was enormous.  Not to mention a wholly unexpected gift from Uncle Ernest!  I am telling you, it made turning 60 a never to be forgotten experience.

                                 But wait.  Yesterday, the experience was celebrated!  Tomorrow is actually when it happens, and Birthday Party Barbie comes out of the closet once again.  Today, I relax, and contemplate this, my last ever, of my Fifties!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Who could have thought?

                                   But thank you all for yesterday, darlings--your presence and your presents!

                                   It was all fit for a Queen, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: