Followers

Friday, October 26, 2018

Those Faggy Warlocks Finally Got Theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                I think I have a handle on why I am not enjoying this season of "American Horror Story" as much as I should.  The acting is gold standard, the set pieces fantastic, but all we get are little tangibles, not full out participation from folks I would like to see more of--like Stevie, Misty Day, and Constance Langdon.  Everything is one big tease.

                                  Still, it was great to see a reappearance by Papa Legba, played marvelously by Lance Reddick.  While I love Emma Roberts' bitchiness as Madison, well, it's all she can do, so why is she getting so much overplay this season?  Let's see more of Billie Lourd, who, clad in angel wings, and looking mythological, is clear indication the writing staff has taken note of "Sharp Objects," and was channeling Amma Crellin.

                                    As for Adina Porter, as Dinah,  the voodoo priestess, portrayed by the wonderful Adina Porter, " You go, girl!"  I don't practice voodoo; it was never my calling, darlings, but I do know if I did I would at least charge $100K to summon Papa Legba, if not other sundry favors.

                                     Those faggy warlocks, Ariel (Jon Jon Briones), Baldwin (B.D. Wong), plus Kathy Bates as Miriam Mead get theirs, in a beautiful Felliniesque sequence, just like in "Coven," with Myrtle Snow's death, recalling "Juliet Of The Spirits."  It was smart of Cordelia to bring Myrtle back, because Frances' line delivery livens things up.

                                       I also want more of Evan Peters, naked or not.  I also think, with John Henry (Cheyenne Jackson) being brought back, there is going to be a tug of war between he and Mallory over who is the next Supreme.  It sure as hell will NOT be Diana Ross!  That bitch, hons, is through!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        I LOVED the return of Jamie Brewer an Nan!  What a sweet bitch she has turned into!!!!!!!  I guess Hell taught her a lot!

                                           All these vignettes are great, in and of themselves. But with the season to end within the next month, I still have no idea where it is going.  Still, it is wonderfully entertaining, and not the colossal mistake "Roanoke" was.  Even "Cult" was better.

                                             And Joan--Joan Collins!  How about the riff on her own performance with a killer Santa, in "Tales From The Crypt?"  I have got to go and look at that again.  The season is coming for holiday horror very soon, and it is time to think about getting ready for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               I am unofficially on Team Witch!  I want to join the Coven.

                                               Myrtle and I could design some brilliant haute couture!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the wonderful Lance Reddick, as Papa Legba!  Papa, don't preach!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: