Followers

Friday, October 5, 2018

Wednesday's "American Horror Story" Episode HAD Some Great Moments, But That Was All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     On the plus side, it was nice to see Taissa Farmiga back. And Frances Conroy, as Myrtle Snow, is so right, you do not give up an ordered lunch at Galatoire's for anything else.  Having dined there--it is my favorite NOLA restaurant--I can attest to that.  But I was seriously disappointed, when things went back to the Hotel Cortez, and Sarah Paulson did NOT appear as one of my favorite of her characters--Hypodermic Sally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                       Kudos for bringing back Gabourey Sidibe as, Queenie! It was nice to have some of her street sass back, and I hope she gives Michael Langon, played by Cody Fern, and some of the others, samples of her Black sass attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Now, I may be wrong, but here is my take on what "American Horror Story--Apocalypse" is  doing.

                                      It is going backwards in time, much like the Sondheim musical "Merrily We Roll Along."  Where we end up is actually the beginning, just as it was in the show.  The point of the musical was that, by the end, audiences understood the consequences--that ideals and expectations often do not turn out the way we think, or wish.

                                       But with this show, what could be the point?  Is this the end of the series?  Is that the gimmick--this is the final season of the show, and we will not know until the last shot of the final episode?

                                        If not, and this trajectory is followed, where can the show go from there.  Even my creative juices cannot imagine a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Also, what is up with Mallory?  Billie Lourd is a compelling actress, and I want to see more of her.

                                         Like I said, there were some moments, but the whole thing did not hold my interest.  Not a great season.

                                          And how about Lily Rabe, Stevie Nicks, and Chloe Sevigny?  When are they due?????????????

And didn't you just love Madison Montgomery, in Retail Hell?????????

But, then, I know a little something about that.  I did something rather similar for 35 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

bogieme2 said...

Michael I have reAD RYAN MURPHY has signed on for at least 2 more seasons so no end in sight yet and joe and I are seeing king kong on wed night ill let you know hope all is well norman

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,

We are fine, though a friend of ours,
Bruce Friedman, passed recently and
we were at his funeral last week. Very
sad.

I am glad more seasons of AHS are coming up,
but I still have no idea where this season is going.

By all means, let me know about "King Kong." David
wants to drag me to it!