Followers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Girls, This Song Is Practically A Catalog Of My Youth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          Oh, darlings, I am telling you!  The thoughts I have had, in a taxi cab!  Not to mention the ones I had outside the cab!  The times I have been dropped off, at East 83rd.  No, dears, I never lived there, but, it seemed, at one point, I was doing a lot of visiting, in that area.

                            Which brings me to the 1977 Odyssey song, "Native New Yorker," which I just recently heard,  for the fist time in ages!!!!!!! How it took me back to my youth.

                               The song would seem to be paean of praise to those who were born and raised in New York.  I prefer to also think of it as an ode to those of us who were reborn here. After over three decades of living on this side of the Hudson, dears, I have done all the song suggests--up in Harlem, down on Broadway.  And I am certainly no tramp, but I am no lady, either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                I always clung to the belief that love could really be like a Broadway show!   And, with my beloved Monsieur, that has come true!  But I am the star, and never going to close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   All this talk, I am sure, has made you anxious to hear the song again!  So, here it is!!!!!!!!

                                    You should know the score by now, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: