Followers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Home Decorating Tips From Pauline de Rothschild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              No, darlings, she was not exactly one of Truman Capote's Swans, but she might as well have been! Hell, she could have been one of mine!  Look at that decor!  I would kill to have a room like that!  The only thing I would change is the green deor!  I would still keep the look and pattern, but in my trademark pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Born Pauline Potter, on December 31, 1908, she always maintained one should grow up in Baltimore, marry in New York, and be married in Europe. And that is what she set about doing. I always refer to her as the Baroness Pauline de Rothschild, because, if she wasn't, she ought to have been.  She was a stylist, a writer, and a designer.  I love her design her, but the sense of color is not me, at all.

                                     She was exceptionally tall, with lanky legs, and defined the art of wearing pants for women. Her death, a heart attack, took place in the lobby of the Biltmore Hotel, in Santa Barbara, California. I guess you should go out in style, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Though I would prefer some of Manhattan's more esteemed hotels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        But I am planning no such. Though I would like to decorate one the rooms--either the bedroom or living room--in this style, albeit in pink!

                                           I simply adore Pauline, darlings; it is high time you did, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!