Followers

Monday, February 10, 2014

What's The Real Story, I Wonder????????????


                                 Theater Queens everywhere--not just my girls here--are going to be bummed out about Diahann Carroll dropping out of the forthcoming revival of "A Raisin In The Sun."

                                   Frankly, she was the only reason I had for going.

                                   Now, Miss Carroll is 78, which is up there to be doing a full scale Broadway show. And, yes, dolls, I know Miss Tyson, ten years her senior, did "The Trip To Bountiful," but obviously she is in better health than Miss Carroll.  Ten years before, Diahann had to withdraw from a production of "On Golden Pond," due to back strain, and a herniated disc. Having gone through the latter, myself, I am with her all the way!

                                     I have a feeling that, for the most part. Miss Carroll's dropping out of this show is largely for health reasons. But, for those of you out there, who crave gossip--and who doesn't????-- I have some other ideas.

                                       I will just bet you that Daddy Denzel, Mr. Ego, was upset by Carroll grabbing all the attention away from him. This man is my age, 59, and he is supposed to be playing a young man in his Thirties to Miss Carroll's only nineteen years difference of 78?????????  Come on, Denzel, who you kidding????  By the looks in this photo, Miss Caroll looks like she could pull off the Ruby Dee role of the young wife!  Better than Daddy Denzel, who ought to be playing Gramps, if Hansberry had written one. But she did not.

                                     "The old star sickness," as Lyon Burke says, in "Valley Of The Dolls."   Guess Denzel is just a Helen Lawson.  He's canning the best part of the show to make him look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        This may be false, this may be true, I can't deny it all, darlings!  But I will wager there is more truth to this than one guesses.

                                           But, of course, regarding Miss Carroll's health, a speedy recovery is wished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: